I'm Joy Rains ...
… a mindfulness trainer, author, and podcast host—and a lifelong sales professional. I discovered mindfulness in the mid-1980s, when looking for ways to manage my busy mind.
Inspired by the profound benefits of mindfulness, I offer mindful stress management and mindful sales training for organizations, along with one-on-one mindful sales training, books, and podcasts.
I’m an eSpeakers Certified Virtual Presenter, teaching simple mindfulness and meditation techniques to reduce stress, enhance wellness, optimize productivity, and more.
If you want to schedule training or find out more, let’s talk!
By my late 20s, I had a successful sales career, yet I was stressed.
I wanted to find some peace of mind and became intrigued by the idea of learning to meditate. After immersing myself in studying and practicing, I found that mindfulness made a profound difference in my life. I became less reactive. Less stressed. More grounded. More accepting. Mindfulness made a profound difference in my professional life, too, as I easily reached sales goals well beyond my quotas.
After decades of study, I wanted to bring the benefits of mindfulness to others, and teach in a way that was simple, straightforward, and accessible. So I completed an 18-month contemplative leadership course and started offering mindfulness programs in the community and the workplace.
I’ve had the privilege of presenting programs in many diverse settings, including the INBOUND 19 Conference in Boston (attended by more than 26,000 people!), Marriott International’s Corporate Headquarters, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, and The U.S. Food and Drug Administration in Washington, D.C.
I believe that with accessible tools and intentional practice, people can realize the benefits of meditation and mindfulness, especially since the brain has the ability to form new neural pathways and learn new ways of thinking. I taught my mother how to meditate when she was 80 years old; now she’s 93 and continues to enjoy the benefits of meditation—so it’s never too late to learn!
My intent is to offer people accessible tools and techniques to help them reduce stress, increase focus, achieve goals—and ultimately, transform lives. If you’d like to find out about a virtual mindfulness program for your group, I’d love to hear from you !
Affiliations & Affinities
- eSpeakers Certified Virtual Presenter
- Professional Speaker and Member of the National Speakers Association
- Board Member, National Speakers Association Washington, D.C. Chapter, 2021-Present
- Presenter for Key Seminars Inc., a sales training company Joy Rains founded in 1989
- Facilitator trained in Mindful Schools Curriculum
- Graduate of 18-month Contemplative Leadership Program at Shalem Institute, Washington D.C.
- Member of Spiritual Directors International
- Facilitator trained in the Veriditas (“greening of the human soul”) method for teaching labyrinth walking
- Certified Life Coach
- Graduate of American University, Washington D.C.
- Volunteer for Casey Trees, Washington D.C.
- I love the creative process of producing recorded audio meditations.
- I love spending time with family and friends, especially over a shared meal.
- My favorite activity is walking—in my neighborhood, on the C&O Canal, and on indoor and outdoor labyrinths. As the Latin phase solvitur ambulando says, “It is solved by walking.”
- I love dogs. Over the years, we shared our home with three standard poodles. Many family pictures include a poodle, but we’re not always sure which one it was!
- My dream is to create a charitable organization to support the rainforests, sustaining our planet for future generations. The mission of my publishing company, Whole Earth Press, is to offer publications that can help heal the whole person, whole communities, and the whole earth.