About Joy Rains
I’m a lifelong sales professional. (My mom tells me I’ve been “selling” since the time I could talk, since I always refused to take no for an answer.) Both my father and grandfather were professional salesmen, so selling is part of my DNA.
In my late 20s, I had achieved considerable sales success, yet I was stressed-out. I wanted to find some peace of mind. I became intrigued by meditation and immersed myself in learning—through a multitude of meditation books, articles, workshops, events, and retreats.
Mindfulness made a profound difference in my life. I became less reactive. Less judgmental. Less stressed. More grounded. More accepting. More relaxed. Mindfulness made a profound difference in my professional life, too, as I easily reached sales goals well beyond my quotas.
After decades of study, I wanted to bring the benefits of mindfulness to others, and teach in a way that was simple, straightforward, and accessible. So I completed an 18-month contemplative leadership course and started offering mindfulness programs in the community and the workplace.
I’ve had the privilege of presenting programs in many diverse settings, including Marriott International’s corporate headquarters, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, and The U.S. Food and Drug Administration in Washington, D.C.
My intent is to offer people simple ideas and mindfulness exercises to reduce stress, increase focus, achieve goals—and ultimately, transform lives.
If you’d like to find out about holding a mindfulness program for your group, I’d love to hear from you!
Background and Affiliations
- Professional Speaker and Member of the National Speakers Association
- Presenter for Key Seminars Inc., a sales training company Joy founded in 1989
- Facilitator trained in Mindful Schools Curriculum
- Graduate of 18-month Contemplative Leadership Program at Shalem Institute, Washington D.C.
- Facilitator trained in the Veriditas (“greening of the human soul”) method for teaching labyrinth walking
- Certified Life Coach
- Graduate of American University, Washington D.C.